CA RECRUIT 101
Every year, the SFU Beedie School of Business hosts CA Recruit for business students who wish to pursue a career as a Chartered Accountant. The Career Management Centre (CMC), Business Co-op and the Accounting Student Association (ASA) work closely together with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC (ICABC) and approximately 25 accounting firms who will be conducting their recruitment campaign at SFU from late August to October 2012 for positions starting in 2013. If you plan to participate in CA Recruit 2012 or want to learn more about the designation, how to prepare for CA Recruit and the new changes that have occurred, don’t miss this session! Here’s a brief preview of what will be covered:
- What is CA Recruit?
- Hear from ICABC about CASB, UFE, and your career as a CA
- Learn about the CA Recruit Calendar of Events for Fall 2012
- Understand the CA Recruit process from how to apply for CA articling jobs to what the interview process will look like
- Become more familiar with the job categories: Full Time, Summer Intern and Co-op
- Identify what events and workshops you should attend over the summer to help you prepare for CA Recruit
- Learn more about what CA Firm Recruiters look for when making their hiring decisions
- Become familiar with appropriate etiquette when interacting with firm reps and application development
- Gain tactics to increase your success with CA Recruit
We’ve recently been informed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC that there will be several changes to the CA recruiting calendar and process this year. These changes include:
- Elimination of CACEE Forms – Replacement of the CACEE Form with a one-page application form as part of the application package along with your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript.
- Fewer Events in Vancouver – Instead of individual information sessions for each firm on campus in the fall semester, there will be two large events for students from all lower mainland campuses. One for the National 6 Firms on September 6th and one for Midsize Firms/Industry on September 7th.
- New Application, Interview and Offer Deadlines – This year, applications to CATOs (Chartered Accountant Training Office) in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island will be due on September 13th at 7:00 am. Mark this important date down!
- Different Calendar Outside of the Lower Mainland – There is a separate fall recruit calendar for students wishing to apply to firms in the Okanagan, Kamloops or Prince George.
- You can view the full details released by the ICABC at http://blog.becomea.ca/?p=1326
- Please also review the 2012/2013 CA Recruiting Code of Conduct for BC attached to this email
Date: Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Location: West Mall Centre (WMC), 3rd Floor Atrium
Dress code: Business casual
Register for this session through Beedie Community.
If you have any questions, please contact Preet at firstname.lastname@example.org.